Search

Nuffnang

Oh!...Shucks!!!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

It just occurred to me that I missed the Earth Hour last March 23. My family and I never failed to join this WWF organized event to show our support in raising awareness about climate change. We participated by turning off non-essential lights for 1 hour. Even if we are the only house participating in our neighborhood we do it anyways. And I missed it last Saturday. I texted my sister if they participated last Saturday and they did. I think I slept it through. You see, I am not feeling well this past couple of weeks and I can't slow down to take some rest since my schedule is full. I only have a half of Saturday free to take a rest and I guess I used it well and woke up early the following morning for my fun run and the Earth Hour completely forgotten. Until today. 



I know it's not a big deal but I feel that I owe Mother Earth something for missing the event. (Drama!) And as a retribution I will commit myself to run 10K for the NatGeo: Earth Day Run 2013. I halfheartedly said 'yes' to my friend Dinah when she told me that we will run 10K this time for the NatGeo Fun Run since I don't think I can do it. I may be dead by the time I reach the finish line. Finishing 5K was my greatest achievement and I don't think I can top that. But as she said I had to push my limits. Sigh.... It is settled then. It's 10K this time. I'll be bringing my daughter, too. And some of my office mates to make the event more fun. Feel free to join here


No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear from you...

Lakbayan


My Lakbayan grade is C!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.