Dear Blog, My apologies. Believe me when I tell you that I never ignored you. I check on you regularly. Visit read-worthy blog sites on my list. I just can't find time to write. And it's unforgivable, I know. I never had the time. I have this new project and it occupy most of my free time. Plus my office work is overloading. And I have my mommy duties. Sigh. I have many plans for you. I have blog topics line up. I plan to do a make-over for you. If only I can find time. But promise, I will. Dear Husband, You are the one whose ignoring somebody. And that's somebody is me....(insert sad face here). I know you don't intend to but it still hurts. Please leave your work. Find another job with regular working hours. You are like a zombie when you're at home. You only sleep. When you're awake, it's as if you're still asleep. I miss you. Dear Photobook, Thank you! I'm so glad I discovered you. And I thank Metrodeal for giving us the promo of a lifetime (exagerrated lang). The promo I was talking about is you get 100% off on a P1,200.00 worth of an item, a 40-page 6" x 6" photobook. You will only pay for the shipping charge. And this promo was on time with my daughter's school project. Instead of creating a scrapbook for her Communication Journal Project, she made an online scrapbook using one of my Metrodeal/Photobook voucher. I bought ten, by the way. She designed everything and Photobook Worldwide will print and ship her order. And they never let us down. Our order arrived two days before it was due. And we are very satisfied with the outcome. This is my new project and I have plenty of photobooks to finish. And I can't wait. Dear 'We Time', You are long overdue! My superfriends I am calling your attention....we need this, like yesterday! Especially me. I am drowning in stress and frustrations. I badly needed a time-out. Movies and eating-out won't cut it. I need my 'special time'. Help.....
Oh, here's a sample of my on-going project...
Every day is a blessing. Be thankful for everything. Here goes....
- My Unica Hija turns 17 today!
- Eid'l Fitr holiday spend as a simple celebration of Leslie's birthday.
- Mild bickering and making ups with my husband.
- New movie downloads.
- My father's improving health condition.
- Leslie's taking vitamins now, regularly. Yey! Health is wealth.
- My first 10K run...I killed it!
- Catching up with office work and house chores.
- My new shows....Pure Love, Hawak Kamay, Masterchef (US and Korea).
- Finding in myself to forgive those who do me wrong. I believe in KARMA so I will just be quiet and continue with my life....and wish them goodluck! :-)
to know how this started and for credits on the image, click here.
Life can be very stressful especially when you are working 9 to 5 in a trading business. Continuous phone calls, unlimited e-mails, hectic deadlines and a ton of very demanding clients. These could take a toll in each and every one of us.
Albeit the nerve-wrecking work, we're still very enthusiastic through out the day. We are so looking forward after every work day because of the sweet treat we're having. Having a Cadburry Dairy Milk at the end of the day really does it. With its sweet, creamy, delicious taste it can bring the smile in all of us. It revives our strength and gives us the happy boost we need. We have families to come home to and they still deserve 100% of us. And Cadburry does the job.
What an after office treat...a sweet endings with the barkada!
We women, and it's a universal truth, have an innate talent in multi-tasking. So, as a mom, wife, full-time employee, helpful friend, kind sister and caring aunt,obedient daughter, runner, traveler and a community volunteer things at hand should be a breeze. I am also systematic in terms of time management. I can very well designate certain task to a particular person to make matters at hand more efficient. I only have one problem....I am forgetful!
|photo source here|
Ever since I gave birth to my only child via Cesarean operation last 1997 I felt that the anesthesia had an effect on me. I forget things easily. I forget deadlines causing me to cram. I forget dates/appointments thus making my loveones and friends irritated. I even forget faces thus making me speechless when someone approaches me. It makes me helpless and awkward. But I get help though....from my post-it pad! Yes, call me the 'Post-It Lady'. I have post-its all over my desk at the office, reminders for all the things I need to do and remember. I have a cork board at home for my notes, bills and other concerns. But without all these notes I am hopeless!
|one of my most prized possession|
And if I could unlock a skill after having a KitKat it would be stupendous! And what skill would it be? Super memory of course. It would be great if I could remember every dates, every appointments, every details of everything. I would be an awesome mom and wife, a great friend, a model employee and a good person. I would stop cramming and finally have a break of my own. Of course, eating KitKat while I'm at it.
|photo source here|
I was browsing at the internet for something to read when I found this article here. I just want to share it with your since I found this to be a must-read for everyone.
Sometimes, saving money means spending more now, or it could also be the other way around. Money is just a paper but it’s as complicated as that. Here are areas where you can splurge and instances where you can spend less, or none at all:
WHEN TO SPEND:
- Health Investment. Yes, it is the most important. As what everyone will tell you, health is wealth. This doesn’t make you literally rich, but you will save yourself from hospital and medicine bills which is usually a big amount of money. You will not avoid being sick in your entire life, but if you manage to spend more to healthy options early on, the more you will save later.
- Choosing the best PC. At a first look and thought, you would always go for the cheaper one. But if you come to think of it, the best deals when it comes to computers are almost always not on the cheapest one. You want to end up with a lighter computer with better battery life and stronger processor – portability, longevity and speed are the main consumption of computer, if you settle with a not-so-functional-but-more-affordable one, expect to buy a computer again after a short period of time. Allot a budget for a good computer especially if you’re going to use it for work or any important matters. You don’t want to be welcomed by a blue screen on valuable situations, right?
- Building your house. It’s sure that your house is an investment itself, but be careful on your home improvements like upgrading your kitchen and adding a pool. It’s understandable that you want to maintain a comfortable home and you want to make it easier to sell, if ever, someday.
- Go on vacation. It may not be advisable to some, but vacations are the most rewarding things because it gives you unique experiences especially when you’re with people you love. If you can, splurge on vacations especially if you’ve been frugal throughout the year.
WHEN TO SAVE
- Airplane Seat. Everything is absolutely the same; don’t make an effort to book the best seat. Promise, you won’t notice any difference on economy to business class. No, it’s not worth it.
- Extended Warranties. Any kind of extended warranties on electronics are more or less worthless because if something goes wrong, say on your refrigerator, it will occur on the duration of your manufacturer’s warranty. Also, the cost of extended warranties is almost of the same price of a new appliance. Might as well, buy a new one than spend it on extensions.
- Luxury Cars. For sure, it’s something to own a car, but be sure, don’t focus on something that will not be useful to you as the owner. Forget about pride and ego, save on car cost. Don’t buy expensive cars because you will pay far more than its worth.
- Kiddie Parties. Your kids, especially when they’re too young, won’t even remember you held a party. It’s great if you keep that fund for extravagant kiddie party for their college fund or emergency cases and your future self will thank you for that wise move.
It pays to know when is the time to be kuripot and when to splurge. Think twice or more before spending your hard-earned money, unless you don’t care at all.