The last time I was at Boracay was in October, 2007. I am with my husband, my daughter and my Superfriends! It's been years. But tomorrow, finally, I will be back to the white sandy beaches and cool waters of Boracay. I am super excited!
Friday, December 13, 2013
Dear Boss, Oh, how I hate you now. You are the most egotistic person I've ever met. I choose to overlook my being underpaid, unappreciated and overworked employee as oppose to your standard of 'loyalty'. Then, out of the blue you will scold me because I choose to nurse my sick daughter over a day of work. I was absent for a day but you accuse me of being an unreliable employee and no longer interested with my work. According to you I am not a 'team-player' anymore. How dare you! But I won't quit. I know you don't like me anymore and you are just finding ways to pissed me off so I would resign. Bad news for you...I am staying! And I will be a model employee until you realize how wrong you are. By that time, I am ready to leave you! Dear Work, Bring it on! Dear Boracay, I am so looking forward to seeing you again. I badly needed a change of scenery. See you in a week's time. Dear Husband, You are under probation! Dear Money, Stop playing Waldo! Dear Christmas, I am sorry but I am postponing you.
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Been receiving too many disappointments lately...or is it the other way around? See, I never made it a habit of expecting too much from somebody or anybody. But it turns out that they are the ones expecting more than I can give them. A certain person even told me that I disappoint him in many ways. Well, a woman can only do so much before she looses her patience...and sanity! Still, I will try my utmost best to be the most understanding person in the whole world. It's the only thing I can afford. And if it still not enough...screw you!
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Never forget to be grateful for everything given to you. Be reminded and always be thankful. Here goes....
- A very busy week but a less stressful one...and that rarely happen.
- Last Saturday's charity run for the Typhoon Yolanda victims...fulfilling!
- My mother's simple birthday celebration last Sunday.
- My ultimate crush, Charlie Sutcliffe, replied to my tweet! Kilig much!
- Juan Direction, Got to Believe, and Honesto....bringing smiles to my lips.
- My sister-in-law introduce me to the root crop Yacon...I am now enjoying its sweet taste and all its health benefits.
- Ed's belated birthday celebration. More foodgasm!
- Last night's Zumba session.
- Just three days after the devastation in Tacloban, our relatives who were affected were able to contact us and assure us that they're okay. Thank God! But the typhoon did not spare their homes. Well, it can be repaired. The important thing is that they are well. And every family members are pitching in for the repair of their houses.
- Excited for our Puerto Galera trip!
Friday, November 08, 2013
Dear Sleep, I miss you. Hoping to make you an acquaintance soon. Dear Crosssfit Training, Love to do your work out again. I don't mind the sore muscles, you are fun! Dear Husband, Anu na? Dear PUP-SIS, Haaiiissssstttt!!!! You keep on testing my patience. Please do better the next time, ok? Dear Leslie, Congrats for being a Dean's Lister! Keep up the good work. Mana ka talaga sa akin! Dear Super Typhoon Yolanda, Go easy on our country, I beg you. I know we Filipinos are a bunch of tough guys but from time to time we do need a break. Nevertheless, I know every Filipino will pull through this. Dear Janet Napoles, Hindi ko na din alam ang sasabihin ko sa'yo! Bahala na si Bro sa'yo! Dear Boss, Let us go home already. A storm surge is approaching! Dear Money, Playing Waldo again? Dear Condescending Officemates, F*** You! Still, I pity all of you. Envy is one of the 7 deadly sins. So, goodluck to your souls! Dear Me, You are a strong woman. No sore muscles or colds, cough and flu could tie you down on bed. Get up, there is so much you have to do. You are happy. Therefore, don't mind all the ugly creatures lurking around you. You are better than them. Definitely prettier and smarter than them. Inggit lang sila! Continue doing whatever makes you happy...you deserve it!
Wednesday, November 06, 2013
Never forget to be grateful for everything given to you. Be reminded and always be thankful. Here goes....
- Our Pico de Loro climb last Sunday. It was a fun and challenging day hike.
- My husband cooking dinner...Yippeee! It's been a while since he last cook and he still does his champion 'Sinigang sa Miso' dish.
- Tried, for the first time, the Crossfit workout and actually enjoying it. And in spite of the sore muscles and body ache I would love to do it again.
- Watched Thor 2 in 3D for free! Thanks to Teng for not making it to the event, I claimed her ticket. LOL!
- Our clan's mini reunion at Tierra Santa Memorial Park last All Saint's Day. Had fun talking, catching up and being with the whole family. And I felt that Lolo and Lola was there with us.
- Weekend/Holiday movie marathon.
- Onion potato twist -- our new favorite snack.
- Energen Family Run 2 with Leslie and beating my personal best time.
- Wensha Take 2 with the superfriends.
- Afternoon date with hubby last Saturday.
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Never forget to be grateful for everything given to you. Be reminded and always be thankful. Here goes....
- Puerto Princesa, Palawan trip with my husband and Dinah's family. A very unforgettable and delightful experience.
- Held a crocodile and a scorpion on my hand and a python over my shoulder and live to tell the tale. Hehehe!
- Visited the Underground River, one of the 7 wonders of the world.
- Ate crocodile meat....pretty tasty!
- Surprisingly, I found out that I could swim after my panic attack when I thought I would drown. But the life guard at Cowrie Island was quick, in fairness!
- Freebies! Freebies! Freebies!
- Registered at Energen Family Run for free with my friends.
- Last night's Zumba was super fun. Love the routine.
- Leslie and his father's bonding time last Sunday at Star City while I did some house chores. Thanks to Dinah for the tickets.
- Chocolate brownies baked by my brother. Delicious! Panira ng diet.
Monday, October 21, 2013
With their great musicality combined with heartfelt lyrics OneRepublic captured the people's heart and interest. Especially mine. Ever since I heard their first song 'Apologize' I've been looking forward to hearing more of their music. Here are my OneRepublic Top 5 songs:
'Stop and Stare'
'If I Lose Myself'
'All The Right Moves'
And now, on November 6, they will perform LIVE here at Manila!!! I am so looking forward for their concert because it is better by a million points listening to them live than sitting by the window and listening to their music on my MP3 (that is what I usually do). Plus I want to see Ryan Tedder up close. :-)
Monday, October 14, 2013
With my growing number of clients Globe's GoUnli30 give me the best advantage with its UnliTEXT to all network and UnliCALL to Globe and TM users. The more ways I can connect with them the more income I can expect. And, of course, life is not all business. With Globe's GoUnli30 I get UNLI chat experience with my friends and family. I can stay connected with Kakao Talk, Viber, FB Messenger and WeChat even without Wifi and without additional data charge! Talk about the best deal you can get, right?
- With GoUNLI30, subscribers get unlimited texts to all networks, unlimited calls to Globe/TM, and unlimited chat with the best messaging apps like Viber, Kakao Talk, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, WeChat, Line and the telco’s very own messaging app GMessage without the need for Wi-Fi or additional data charges. Available for only P30 valid for 1 day, GoUNLI30 gives you no excuse to stay out of the loop and connect with more than 1 billion users around the world regardless of mobile network or location.
- Go all-out unlimited with GoUNLI30 and UNLICHAT25 now. Register by dialing *143# and then choosing GoSAKTO on your Globe mobile phone or texting GOUNLI30 or UNLICHAT25 to 8888
Stay connected with Globe!
Thursday, October 03, 2013
I love reading. My daughter as well. And for the past couple of months she keeps on telling me (pester, more likely) that I have to read this certain book. She told me it has a very wonderful lesson that I ca relate to. It's short and with illustrations so I'll be entertain without taking too much of my time. She even copied the file from her cellphone to mine. But I never get the chance to read it. Until yesterday. I was browsing on my cellphone for a new e-book to read when I came across that book. And I read it for five minutes.
'Hope For The Flowers' is an allegorical novel written by Trina Paulus and was published in 1972. It was classified as a children literature but was intended for adults and others, including caterpillars who can read as the author indicates. It tells the story of Stripe and Yellow and their journey as they climb to the top only to understand that they are meant to fly. It's a story of hope and finding your true purpose in life.
Now, I don't get why my daughter insists that THIS is a lesson for me to learn. But I really do find the book very interesting, touching and inspirational. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
Here's a link for the book.
Friday, September 27, 2013
Dear Work, This is too much, I can't catch up. I know you are a blessing in disguise but today I am not liking you. You are overflowing. Literally! I have so many dues. I can't find time to finish everything on time. Arghhh!!! Dear Runner, Runner movie, I would enjoy you more if you were a marathon movie. I don't like gambling. But I do enjoy ogling Timberlake and Affleck though. Plus the sponsor for the movie gave away loot bags and free food. Dear Husband, You are the sweetest. Thanks for everything. Dear Weather, I hate you. Dear Cebu Pacific Seat Sales, Enough already. My bestfriend Dinah is too weak to resist the opportunity to book flights for our group. And we are all too powerless to say no. Who would pass an opportunity to travel with friends and collect more happy memories. Money matters? Please! Duh! Dear Someone, Thank you for being 'not' my friend. Dear Me, Take a breather.
- My boss, for being understanding when he mostly needed to be.
- Winner again of two movie tickets c/o Nuffnang.
- Weekend cuddle with my family. Loving the weather (as long as I am dry and safe).
- Forgiving and forgetting. I finally made peace with someone. I did it more for myself than for him.
- Belated birthday treat from a supplier.
- Orange is the New Black series.
- Saturday get together with my superfriends. Loving them more after all these years.
- Watermelon, watermelon and more watermelons.
- My husband doing chores when not at work...ang bait!
- Making ends meet...somehow.
Friday, September 20, 2013
1. There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs is not one of them.
2. Never cancel dinner plans by text message.
3. Don’t knock it ‘til you try it.
4. If a street performer makes you stop walking, you owe him a buck.
5. Always use ‘we’ when referring to your home team or your government.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Don’t underestimate free throws in a game of ‘horse’.
8. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
9. Don’t dumb it down.
10. You only get one chance to notice a new haircut.
11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack.
12. Never park in front of a bar.
13. Expect the seat in front of you to recline. Prepare accordingly.
14. Keep a picture of your first fish, first car, and first boy/girlfriend.
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard.
16. A suntan is earned, not bought.
17. Never lie to your doctor.
18. All guns are loaded.
19. Don’t mention sunburns. Believe me, they know.
20. The best way to show thanks is to wear it. Even if it’s only once.
21. Take a vacation of your cell phone, internet, and TV once a year.
22. Don’t fill up on bread, no matter how good.
23. A handshake beats an autograph.
24. Don’t linger in the doorway. In or out.
25. If you choose to go in drag, don’t sell yourself short.
26. If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.
27. Never get your hair cut the day of a special event.
28. Be mindful of what comes between you and the Earth. Always buy good shoes, tires, and sheets.
29. Never eat lunch at your desk if you can avoid it.
30. When you’re with new friends, don’t just talk about old friends.
31. Eat lunch with the new kids.
32. When traveling, keep your wits about you.
33. It’s never too late for an apology.
34. Don’t pose with booze.
35. If you have the right of way, take it.
36. You don’t get to choose your own nickname.
37. When you marry someone, remember you marry their entire family.
38. Never push someone off a dock.
39. Under no circumstances should you ask a woman if she’s pregnant.
40. It’s not enough to be proud of your ancestry; live up to it.
41. Don’t make a scene.
42. When giving a thank you speech, short and sweet is best.
43. Know when to ignore the camera.
44. Never gloat.
45. Invest in good luggage.
46. Make time for your mom on your birthday. It’s her special day, too.
47. When opening presents, no one likes a good guesser.
48. Sympathy is a crutch, never fake a limp.
49. Give credit. Take blame.
50. Suck it up every now and again.
51. Never be the last one in the pool.
52. Don’t stare.
53. Address everyone that carries a firearm professionally.
54. Stand up to bullies. You’ll only have to do it once.
55. If you've made your point, stop talking.
56. Admit it when you’re wrong.
57. If you offer to help don’t quit until the job is done.
58. Look people in the eye when you thank them.
59. Thank the bus driver.
60. Never answer the phone at the dinner table.
61. Forgive yourself for your mistakes.
62. Know at least one good joke.
63. Don’t boo. Even the ref is somebody’s son.
64. Know how to cook one good meal.
65. Learn to drive a stick shift.
66. Be cool to younger kids. Reputations are built over a lifetime.
67. It’s okay to go to the movies by yourself.
68. Dance with your mother/father.
69. Don’t lose your cool. Especially at work.
70. Always thank the host.
71. If you don’t understand, ask before it’s too late.
72. Know the size of your boy/girlfriend’s clothes.
73. There is nothing wrong with a plain t-shirt.
74. Be a good listener. Don’t just wait for your turn to talk.
75. Keep your word.
76. In college, always sit in the front. You’ll stand out immediately.
77. Carry your mother’s bags. She carried you for nine months.
78. Be patient with airport security. They’re just doing their jobs.
79. Don’t be the talker in a movie.
80. The opposite sex likes people who shower.
81. You are what you do, not what you say.
82. Learn to change a tire.
83. Be kind. Everyone has a hard fight ahead of them.
84. An hour with grandparents is time well spent. Ask for advice when you need it.
85. Don’t litter.
86. If you have a sister, get to know her boyfriend. Your opinion is important.
87. You won’t always be the strongest or the fastest. But you can be the toughest.
88. Never call someone before 9am or after 9pm.
89. Buy the orange properties in Monopoly.
90. Make the little things count.
91. Always wear a bra at work.
92. There is a fine line between looking sultry and slutty. Find it.
93. You’re never too old to need your mom.
94. Ladies, if you make the decision to wear heels on the first date, commit to keeping them on and keeping your trap shut about how much your feet kill.
95. Know the words to your national anthem.
96. Your dance moves might not be the best, but I promise making a fool of yourself is more fun than sitting on the bench alone.
97. Smile at strangers.
98. Make goals.
99. Being old is not dictated by your bedtime.
100. If you have to fight, punch first and punch hard.
Labels: friday quotes
Thursday, September 19, 2013
Globe Prepaid is giving its prepaid subscribers a bigger and better offers. And in line with this I choose GoBigger! With my line of work in trading industry I constantly need to be connected with my clients. And with GoBigger offer I get to have longer minutes of call time, unli chat and unlimited all network texts. This is very vital to my line of work. And Globe will become an essential part of my success in my chosen career. Hooray for Globe!
But don't just take my word for it, check it out yourselves.
Only Globe Prepaid gives me Bigger and Better unli offers.
- GoCALL100 gives me more call minutes (500 minutes) VS Competitors (200 minutes). No need to use prefix to enjoy unlicalls.
- With GoUNLI30, I get real unlimited service with unli all network texts, unli calls to Globe TM, plus the real UNLI-chat experience with the best apps available. It's the real deal compared to competitor's UNLI offer.
- GoUNLITXT49 gives me the same UNLI texts to Globe/TM at a BETTER prices VS Competitors offer.
- With GoUNLI25, I get real unlimited service with unli Globe/TM calls and texts, plus unli Viber chat to the rest of my friends. It's the real deal compared to competitor's UNLI offer.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
- Simple get together with my superfriends last Saturday. Loving their company more after all these years.
- And we're going to meet up again this coming Saturday at Emilie's house (hopefully).
- Kudos to Dinah for her improve driving skill and Rodney for fixing whatever is wrong with Dinah's car. We got home safe.
- My husband is coming with me on our Palawan trip.
- Last night movie with Rona, Dinah and Rodney. Nice movie, great company. Happiness!
- Arranged our Puerto Galera trip and booked our Boracay flight this December. This is a busy and travel-filled year indeed!
- And speaking of being busy, work load is piling up but it's a blessing nonetheless. More work, more income.
- My friend May for always being the most reliable person in the office.
- Crossini and Eight O'clock orange juice. My daughter's almost everyday pasalubong for me.
- Hot tea...never fails to calm my nerves.
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
So many things to do, so little time (and money). This is my usual dilemma. Since my birthday last week (I am 37 now by the way) I felt very left out. Left out in life, that is. My greatest frustration is that I didn't get my degree in college. At my age, and my work term of 12 years in trading business, I feel that I am underpaid and unappreciated. And the biggest factor, for me, in leaving my current employer to find a greener pasture is my educational attainment. I took all my subjects in college but never graduated. I never had the chance to apply for graduation. Things became complicated by that time. Don't ask. In short....I WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL AGAIN AND EARN MY DEGREE!!! I am considering applying at an Open University program but I'm a little bit hesitant. It's the age thing. Baka mapurol na utak ko, nakakahiya! But if not now, when?
Another thing, an "old friend" commented if I became a millionaire since I travel frequently these days. I don't know what century (or planet) he is from. Duh! If I am a millionaire I won't work anymore just to earn sufficiently for a BUDGET travel once or twice or thrice a year. I haven't been out of the country yet. Well, I unfriended this person from my facebook account already. I never explained myself, I don't owe him that. I travel on my own expense at my own time. If not now, when?
Lastly, I want our house renovated by next year. Whether my husband like it or not! It's high time we build the second floor. My daughter is already crying for an elbow room around the house. So dear husband, do something! No buts, no ifs.
Thursday, September 12, 2013
This is a Wednesday post on a Thursday. It's my birthday yesterday, and I was too busy to post, but I have a lot to be thankful for. Here goes....
- Thanks be to God for 37 blessed years and looking forward for 37 more.
- Thanks to all the greetings and the birthday wishes...I am loved!
- To those who gave me gifts, cakes and cash gift (thanks Boss!)...thank you so much!
- Thanks to the small feast we share at the office and at home.
- Looking forward for a get together with my sisterettes on Saturday...extended birthday celebration.
- To the Manong Driver who's been so kind to me during the times na mahirap sumakay ng jeep, you gave me an early birthday gift...Thank you and Mabuhay ka Manong!
- Birthday kisses from my babies...Leslie, Mirko and Aily.
- Facial later...my gift to myself!
- To my husband for always being there, I love you and thank you.
- To my family, superfriends, friends and officemates and to all other people...Thank you for making my birthday extra special and making my life more colorful and fun...I love you all! Mwuah....
Saturday, September 07, 2013
It's one of those weekend when my body tells me that I had enough. I am sick again. I have this thing with my stomach I don't get. It always act up. Plus I have a constant migraine. And my fever never fails to come every weekend. I really hate being sick. I don't get to do what I want. I don't get to eat what I like. And I look awful. Sigh....
Thursday, September 05, 2013
Beginning today I am on my own. I will stop depending on others. I will provide for myself. I am responsible for my actions. I will not ask vindication from others. I will be happy and not because of 'other' people. I will be mindful of those "PAASA"-type of person. I will distance myself from those people who are always putting me down. I don't want to be a part of a meaningless relationship. I know it sound harsh but it is how I feel. It's how life is. Unfair. And I am losing faith in humanity. So beginning today I will not care anymore. My business is my business alone.
Labels: 'me' time
Friday, August 23, 2013
After the rain...
- I am back at blogging, sort of. Although we never had block outs during the onslaught of Typhoon Maring and the Monsoon rains (Thank God!), I had limited internet access. Although I am stuck at the house I have limited time for myself. I have to do this and do that at home. Translation: do laundry, clean house, arrange furniture (in case the flood reach the house), help with taking care of Aily, cook (or prepare ready-to-eat foods for my family, especially during movie time), iron, help with Mirko's assignment and Leslie's research, help my cousins and other neighbors who unfortunately felt the wrath of the flood. Whew! such a busy bee! In short, I don't have time to write, but I read.
- I found out that I am bored to death. Even the scariest movie to date (as per reviews) i.e. The Conjuring and The Woman in Black, lure me into sleep. Zzzzzz......
- I'm back at work. My quotations are piling. My clients even called me during the strongest of rains. They said that they missed me. Awww, how sweet....not!
- I gain pounds. I don't know by how much but I am feeling it. This is the negative effects of staying at home during rainy season. You've got a lot of time and reasons to eat and a ton of excuse not to exercise. I was at home for 4 days, do the math.
- I am penniless. It is more costly staying at home with all the members of the family together at one place. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and I love spending time with my family more than anything else. If only I had enough money to spend. But we make do with what little we have. The important thing is we're together and happy.
- I am penniless. This is not an error. I just have to emphasize on this one since this is my main concern at the moment. Sigh...Sigh...Sigh...
- I shed a tear and broke my heart. The news that slap me in the face yesterday morning was too appalling and too shocking to accept. How could he broke my heart like this. After I learned the truth I felt empty. I still can't believe it. (Cue in music: How Could An Angel Break My Heart)
Saturday, August 17, 2013
I am a crazy fan of horror movies. May it be local or Pinoy horror movies, Hollywood and most of all Asian horror movies. It kept my heart alive and my blood pumping. It creates an adrenalin rush inside me like I'm on drugs. And when life gets boring I'll just pick any horror movie and I felt more alive. Crazy, right? Anyways, lately, as I am watching my horror movie dvd collection I discover that I am no longer scared. I mean, previously, when I watched 'Shutter' or 'Coming Soon' I need to have something to cover my eyes. May it be a pillow, a blanket or a piece of cloth that I can use to cover my eyes when a scary scene comes up. Now, I can watch Shomba saying her famous line or the ghost from Shutter crawling down the stairs without batting an eye. Have I lost it? Or I just needed something new? Well, I heard some good reviews about the movie 'The Conjuring'. It's on top of the Twitter trending topics for a week now. I am downloading it actually, out of curiosity. And I hope this movie will meet my expectation... and more.
As of the moment, I am re-reading my Stephen King collection just to keep my excitement running. When I first read 'It' I had a week worth of spooky nightmares so I'm reliving that feeling. Actually, I am starting with 'Everything's Eventual' followed by 'It' then 'Cujo' then whatever I can grab on next. I need to feel that aching throbbed in my veins again. Oh my God I talked like an addict!
|this is not my collection...but I wish it is!|
Friday, August 09, 2013
Dear Friday, Thank God it's Friday! It's a no-work Friday for us because our Muslim brothers and sisters are observing Eid'l Fitr. I did some house cleaning and some laundry. And I get a much needed rest for tomorrow's run. Dear Weather, Please be good to me. Tomorrow, me and my buddy, Tinay, will run at the Robinson's Fit and Fun Buddy Run. This event was already rescheduled due to bad weather last June 30. I am hoping for a no-rain morning tomorrow. Please let us enjoy the day. Dear 'Me-Time', I have a feeling I am overdoing you. Apart from my running and zumba events and my regular spa and facial, I am planning, with my friends, hiking up Mt. Talamitam and a Puerto Galera, Boracay and Tagaytay vacations. I already have a Puerto Princesa vacation come October. And an out-of-the-country vacation early next year. I am really overdoing this. I can feel it in my pocket! As always...so many places to go, so many things to do, so little money. But there's always this little voice I hear saying...'You deserve a break. If not now, when?' That little voice never fails to convince me. Dear Body, You deserve a thumbs up! Well, that's what my doctors been doing. My Ophthalmologist gave me a thumbs up. I won't be needing glasses for a long time still. My Internal Doctor okayed all my laboratory results. I don't have any problem especially with my sugar and cholesterol test. My Obstetrician also said that I am doing okay. Nothing's wrong with me. Now, If only I found the courage to go to my Dentist.
Wednesday, August 07, 2013
- I am healthy according to my doctors...yippeeee!
- Zumba Fitness Party last Saturday.
- New vacation plans with friends.
- Lost 5 lbs...and that's a lot for me!
- A sad news but we know that Ate Thelma is in heaven now, happy and well with Our Father. Don't worry Ate Thelma, Luisa is my sister, we will take care of her.
- Fit and Fun Buddy Run this Saturday. (sana hindi umulan)
- Catching up on the latest episodes of 'My Husband's Lover'. Loving the show more.
- Unlimited ice cream at Blissful Delight.
- J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy.
- Eating more (there's always free food at the office) but not gaining weight. Thanks to Carbtrim! (endorsement?).
Tuesday, August 06, 2013
It was all worth it!
It was raining hard last Saturday afternoon when I commute to Makati for the rescheduled Zumba Fitness Party. I don't have anyone with me to attend the event. I am wet, alone and hungry. Plus I have this doubt that the event won't push through. I told myself better be there and be told by the staff face to face that the party was canceled than wonder all afternoon at home and be bored to death.
I arrived at the site an hour earlier than the scheduled start. There are few people there including some participants, others are staff of the event. Then I saw around 10 people being busy securing the place dry. They repeatedly wipe floors amidst the downpour of rains. After I change for my 'zumba' attire I found a place to sit (at the dance floor) and read The Casual Vacancy from my cellphone (since it seems that everybody knew somebody at that place except me). Actually, I am meeting one of my friend (and her friend) but she will come from Imus pa. And honestly, with the traffic due to rains I am pretty sure they won't make it. And they didn't.
|me, the stage and a few early birds like me|
|our waiting situation|
Alas! By 5:30 PM the party started. The instructors were introduce and everybody was excited. It was a 2-hour continuous zumba dance party. Of course, if you are feeling tired or thirsty you can get off the dance floor and drink your water or the unlimited Carbtrim Lemon Tea offered at one of the booths at the event.
|the instructors were introduced|
|I am somewhere there...find me!|
|this is the 'free-style' partying the instructors do|
I guess, it's about an hour and a half when I took a time off, drink some Carbtrim tea and lots of water, took photos from the Carbtrim photobooth and in time to find my husband waiting for me.
It was a fun night. The routine was perfect. The instructors are very good. I had a good time. And since I had my friends' extra tickets I took home 3 lootbags with a year supply of Carbtrim (kidding!). There's also some raffle games but I did not win.
Thursday, August 01, 2013
Last Sunday, July 28, I earned my first Milo Marathon certificate. I ran under the 5K category. The official race result has not come up yet so I can't tell what is my official time. But I doubt it that I will beat my best time of 47:14 last Energen Family Run. The running track was too crowded. Under 5K alone there is around 29,400 participants.
|a small portion of the crowd/participants|
There was a different track for the 10K, 21K and 42K category. Most of the photographers are on their track (sadface). And they were provided with mineral water and gatorade at their drinking station. We were supplied with a cup of water from pitchers. Well, we were there for the experience and goodwill. We only paid P100 and P10 from the registration fee will go to the Milo charity. All is well since we are after the running experience and the certificate.
|me and my certificate|
And of course, as long as you are with friends everything was fun.
And I am with my ever supportive husband.
See you on the next run.... :-)