Search

Nuffnang

My First Fun Run

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Finally I had my first  fun run last February 17 via PhilHealth Nationwide Run. This is a simultaneous run in 18 sites across the nation for the benefit of The Philippine Children's Medical Center and Dr. Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital. Hence the event title: Nationwide Run for Mother and Child Protection. We almost didn't make the registration. We decided to join 4 days before the event. The singlets are already sold out and online registration are already closed. We only paid P100.00 for the registration since we are only getting a bib and certificate. I attempted to finish the 5K event...and I did. Gun start for the 5k event is on  5:45am. We were pretty early so we did some picture taking first.





And soon the race begin...

at the starting mark before the gun start

the 5k runners
As I said before, I am not athletic. My husband thinks I'm fragile, I think I'm clumsy. So as the run begins I let my friends go ahead and not wait for me. To reiterate, this is a fun run, not a race. And I'm sure that I can never outrun anyone of them. So I run and I walk and run and walk furthermore. I am more like walking than running. For the first few meters I am already looking for the water station. I know my friends are way ahead of me but I don't care. As long as I will finish this race, it's an achievement already. So when I saw the U-turn marker for the 5K runners I almost jump for joy (but I was so tired, so I didn't).


I finished 5K at 54 minutes and 24 seconds. My husband told me it's not bad at all. Bolero! I know my record is too bad.



Afterwards, we gather our certificates and visit various sponsor booths for some freebies.



And take more pictures...






Here's my certificate and bib...








5 comments

  1. Congrats in finishing your first run. The first is always exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 5k run! i hope you continue running.. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. 00:54:24 is not that bad :D

    Doing the fun run with family and friends will really make the experience worthwhile. Must have been a wonderful experience for you.

    Btw, would you like us to be each others' follower?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now following you Farida! and thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrads on completing your 1st run.

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you...

Lakbayan


My Lakbayan grade is C!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.