Search

Nuffnang

Lies (Poem)

Wednesday, February 20, 2013


Found this lovely poem here. Just wanna share. Reminds me of someone. 


Lies


You broke my heart in two
And took me like a bet,
with all you put me through
I have so many regrets.

To lose you was worth it,
although I wasn’t sure,
it seemed to make me happy,
but still so insecure.

We always said Forever
we would take it to the end
never give it up
but this time my heart couldn’t mend.

It cut so deep into me
I guess it hurt you too
but when you did it, then you lied
I had to say “we’re through.”

I gave you all I had
I tried to make it last
but now all we have
are memories from the past.

So look me in the eye
and tell me what you see
a girl so broke inside
who’s been through misery.

And now I’m moving on
with the pain that kills inside
but I’m starting to forget
by reminding myself, how you lied!

I have somebody new
someone to treat me right,
to talk to lovingly
and to hold me all night.

He’s there for me when I need him
to give me love and support
to hold me close and wipe away
all my signs of hurt.

To kiss me softly every night
and let me know he’s there
to call me just because,
just to tell me that he cares.

Now here I go again
fallen so hard, so deep
but this time it’s different,
this is one I want to keep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear from you...

Lakbayan


My Lakbayan grade is C!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.