Search

Nuffnang

Why God Invented Mothers (A Repost)

Sunday, May 12, 2013


This is very inspiring...For us mothers.

Why God Invented Mothers 

Last week, my mother died.
Looking at her lifeless body in her simple white coffin, and remembering her permanent impact in my life, I realized that mothers are God’s greatest inventions.
Why did God invent mothers?
Because there are a few things that only mothers can do…
I needed someone crazy enough to carry me in her womb for 9 months, crazy enough to go through the pain of childbirth, crazy enough to feed me, bath me, burp me, and look after me 24/7, crazy enough to teach me to how to walk, how to talk, how to play, how to pray, how to learn, how to share, how to serve, and how to say “Thank You” and “I’m Sorry” and “I love you”
Why did God invent mothers?
Because when my fingers were smaller, I needed someone with bigger fingers to button my shirt, to cut my fingernails, and to tie my shoelaces.  And when my wisdom was smaller, I needed someone with bigger wisdom to teach me what was right and wrong, and someone to forgive me when I did the wrong.
Why did God invent mothers?
Because when I failed in an exam or when a teacher laughed at me or when a playmate rejected me and I felt like my whole world was collapsing, I needed a mother who would tell me, “Just wait. Everything will be alright…” I needed a mother to hold my hand when I was afraid, hold my hand when I was sick, to hold my hand when I fell down, and hold my hand when I felt sad. 
Why did God invent mothers?
Because when I was 13, I needed a mother who would listen with rapt attention to the mumblings and ramblings of a 13 year old boy giving his first talk; I needed a mother who went to every talk I gave, who recorded my every word in her gigantic old tape recorder, and who heard my talks over and over again in her bedroom—to tell me that in her heart, I will always be the greatest preacher in the universe; I needed a mother who would believe in me so that it would be easier for me to believe that God believed in me.
I needed a mother who would read every word I wrote—in every magazine and in every book I published.  I needed a mother who, even if she never used the internet or email in her life, would still read my blog by asking her daughters to print my online essays for her—to tell me that I never stop writing God’s message to this world.
Why did God invent mothers?
Because when I was 14, I needed a mother who didn’t freak out when I told her that I wanted to live in a dangerous slum area to bring Jesus in the poorest of the poor; All she said was, “If that’s what God wants you to do, then do it; I will pray for your protection.”  Like any mother, she wanted me to be safe, but she believed that there’s nothing safer than being in the will of God;
When I was 14, I needed a mother crazy enough to allow me to travel by myself to the farthest islands of the Philippines to preach the Gospel; I needed a mother who trusted me but who trusted God more than me to take care of me. 
When I was 16, I needed a mother crazy enough to send me off to pilgrimage to Israel and 20 cities in Europe for 41 days all by myself—because I needed a mother who would love me and launch me, love me and let go of me…
Why did God invent mothers?
Because when I started preaching about financial literacy and how to become truly rich, and some people were criticizing me for becoming worldly, I needed my mother who knew my heart more than anyone else and told me, “I’m happy that God is opening a new ministry for you.”
Why did God invent mothers?
Because I needed a mother who prayed for me every single moment of her life. I needed a mother who showed me God’s face by simply showing her face to me.
But I realized I didn’t need just any mother.
I needed my mother.
I needed Pilar.
To make me who I am today.
Dearest friend, God gave you your mother.  With all her weaknesses, she is still one of God’s most precious gifts to you.
       Love herwhile you can.

May your dreams come true,

No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear from you...

Lakbayan


My Lakbayan grade is C!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.