Search

Nuffnang

Post (Long) Weekend Blues

Monday, November 05, 2012

Weeks before, I was looking forward to our four-days-long weekend because of the Halloween holiday. I have things planned that does not include spending a lot of money. I have household chores lined up, movies to watch at home with the families, stuff like that. And I was ecstatic because days before the weekend I feel well. See, most of the time, when weekends came, especially long weekends, I get sick. I don't know if it's my body's way of telling me that  I had a full week, my body is tired and I got to have my much needed rest. So, by weekend, I never get to do things that I planned to do. 

Going back to last weekend, I did have the time to do my chores (well, most of it). And Leslie and I had a movie marathon. So everything went well. Almost. 

What came unexpected is Mamu's death. She is my sister-in-law's mom. And she's very dear to us. Even though it's difficult for her to speak because of her multiple stroke, she was madaldal (talkative). She was very thoughtful and always had a smile for us. Such a sweet person. She had a massive heart attack last Sunday (October 27) and was confined at the ICU until November 1 when she gave up thru cardiac arrest. So my weekend includes attending her wake and sleepless nights. Well, just a couple of nights only since I have work the next morning. And the worst part is, I think last night, I caught a flu. Of all the days to get sick! I don't have any excuse not to go to work since I came from a long vacation. And I know that my work load is piling up. Being absent from work won't help. I would only worry myself too much about my work.

So here I am at the office. Trying to feel better while working. I swallow some medicines already but I think I'm getting worse. I am still thinking about my unfinished household chores and our scheduled visit to Mamu's wake later. I think I need another long weekend.... 

1 comment

  1. so sorry to hear this sending healing thoughts

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you...

Lakbayan


My Lakbayan grade is C!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.