Search

Nuffnang

Numbers That Matter in 2014

Friday, January 03, 2014

These are not New Year's resolutions (though my daughter keeps insisting these are). These are guide. My guide. I remember numbers more than phrases or sentences. Here goes...


  • 50 a Day. I will save at least P50.00/day from my daily allowance for my personal fund.Come later this year, this will accumulate a lot. Enough for a Christmas gift for myself!
  • After 6. This diet plan works for me a few years back. I just hope I find the discipline I had before. 
  • 25 in 2014. I joined last year's Goodreads Reading Challenge and finished reading 20 books. I planned to read more this year (at least 5 books more). 
  • 7x a Week. During our ( my husband and I) darkest time, I rely on praying the rosary everyday. On keeping my faith and giving me strength to go through. It helps a lot. Lately, I've been neglecting the rosary. And I've been absent from attending masses quite a lot. I have so much to make up to.
  • 10 Glasses.  Yes, this is about my daily water intake. Actually, I don't have a problem reminding myself to drink enough water. I just want to tell myself to drink more. My body needs it.
  • 1 is Enough. Now, this is tough. I plan to limit my self-indulgence to once a month. Meaning, if I travel this month, I will not spend a penny on any activities or items (like bags, shoes, etc.) If I bought something for myself, no traveling or fitness activity (that requires payment) for me within the month. I know I owe myself some indulgence but sometimes it cost too much. And it suffers other priorities. 
  • 15 Minutes Grace Period. This is work related and I am frequently late. My boss already called my attention last month. And I know that I have to change something in my everyday routine. I can do this! (Crossing my fingers).
  • Top 2. This is my primary goal this year. To fix the second floor of our house. That is why I had to limit spending on travels and other activities so I can save for the repair of our house. I also need to do good at work to earn more commission for additional funds. And I need all the help the universe can spare me.  
  • 24/7. I am alive and well and that is something to be grateful for. 24/7 means everyday, every hour. I will remind myself to be thankful for all the blessings God has been giving me and my family. I will be grateful for every trials that makes me strong and teaches me to be a better person. I will never forget my family and my friends and even those random people that inspire me. I felt their love and support and I'll make sure to return their kindness.

Yeah, I guess these are New Year's resolutions. But these are things I intend to complete. May the universe help me! 

1 comment

  1. Nicest post ever! But good luck on 1 is enough. Sana kasi sinabihan mo ang iyong travel organizer aka ME. And sana matupad na yung Top 2!!!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you...

Lakbayan


My Lakbayan grade is C!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.